We sell a variety books, greeting cards, and DVDs depicting the heritage of Redmond and the greater Eastside. Photos from our extensive database, including the Sammamish Valley News collection, may also be purchased.
After four years in the making, Redmond Reflections, the Society's 800-plus photo essay of Redmond, is available for purchase!
Local author and historian Nancy Way calls it "rich with detailed stories and wonderful photos." Former Senior City Planner Dianna Broadie appreciates the "many photos that will lend new insight into the life and culture of the Redmond area."
If you're a Redmond long-timer there's a great chance you'll find yourself, loved ones and/or friends mentioned and shown among the chapters that range from the area's Native Peoples to our high tech economy.
For more recent Redmondites, the book has answers to questions like:
‣ What natural forces created our beautiful setting?
‣ Why did people come to our village of Salmonberg?
‣ How were they received by Native People?
‣ What industry created our first business boom and why did it disappear?
‣ Which of our mayors was responsible for the wagon wheel hub system of roads that grieves drivers in congestion today?
‣ Is Sammamish a river or a slough?
‣ Where were nuclear warheads located off Avondale?
‣ Where is the sunken forest that's been underwater for 1,000 years?
Cost: $15 (that includes tax). For mail order please add $5.00 for Shipping and Handling.